Friday, November 27, 2009

Carlo Gavatorta - Hi everyone!

Hi everyone! I'm Carlo Gavatorta and I'm the exchange student from Italy living in Steamboat. It's been 3 months now since I got here and I simply love Steamboat. I will move to my second host family next week and I really enjoyed my first family. I'm sad I have to leave them but that's the program and I have to follow it, hopefully I will be able to keep doing activities with them cause they are a lot of fun. School is going good and I'm enjoying the American school a lot. I have made friends even though at the beginning it was pretty difficult, but after 3 weeks I found very good friends.

I just had my second snowboarding lesson today and I really like it. I have to say that I'm pretty lucky to be in Steamboat because it's such an amazing town and there's a lot of stuff to do. Also the ski-area donates me a ski-pass and equipment which is a very cool thing. The rotary Club here is very active and they really take care of me and the other exchange student. School is not very hard and just the first two weeks my brain had to work so hard that I got tired a lot, but when I went over that and I felt more confident with the language everything has been way easier.

America is a cool country and I am really glad I am living this experience.

Carlo

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carlo,
    It was nice to meet you up in Cheyenne. I am just trying out this blog for the first time. So I really am posting to ask you if you ski in Italy? I noticed you said you just had a second lesson on your snowboard. It nice to be talented in many snowsports - its the way of Steamboat!

    Best of luck to you,

    Mrs. Ernst (Kelly's Mom)

    ReplyDelete