Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Carlo Gavatorta - Italian dinner!!!

Hey everybody! I'll dedicate this whole post to tell you about the Italian fundraiser dinner i just had last Sunday night.


First of all I organized this diner to raise money for the Rotary Bus Trip with all the exchange students that's going to be at the end of the year. It costs 1700 $ and since I waned to earn this money but I can't work I thought about doing this. I practiced some few Italian courses. Some Rotarian friends and my hostfamily really helped me out and it worked out really well. The menu was: Insalata con arancie e noci, pasta alla carbonara, agnello al forno con patate e verdure grigliate and tiramisù. It was a lot of work but it was really worth it! 12 hours in the kitchen are exhausting but also fun if with the right people! :-) Cooking for 45 people and making it a nice thing is not as easy as it would seem, anyway everyone liked it and enjoyed the dinner a lot.


It's such an amazing experience and I'm so happy I finally did it , after procrastinating for months. I was really tired after it but I felt so good and satisfied. I hope other exchange students will do it in the next years. It would be awesome!


I'll blog again soon and write other cool stuff happening in the amazing Steamboat Springs!


Carlo

1 comment:

  1. Carlo - the dinner was amazing!!! Thanks for hosting it for us.

    ReplyDelete