Thursday, August 30, 2012

Mallory Richey - I am here!!!!

Hello everyone!
I made it to France! It has been great so far. It has been a whirlwind couple of days!
When I first arrived, my host family had some chocolate croissants waiting...mmmmmmm tasty.
Right out of the airport I got a quick tour of Paris with stops at Chanel, Dior, Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower, The Arc de Triomphe, the Champs Elysees! It was insane...the whole time I was like...I am in Paris...I am in Paris...I AM IN PARISSS! On the way home, (which was about an hour and a half drive with traffic) I slept because I just could not keep my eyes open. That night, I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. I have a room at the top of the house, with a big window that looks over the village, it is très magnifique. The next day we did a little tour of the town. It is about the size of Boulder but seems bigger because there are two other towns right next to it. That day I went to the Rotary meeting as well and gave a little speech, I was so nervous and practiced the majority of the afternoon pacing the entire house. Once I got there all the nerves went away though because all the Rotarians are so nice. It is a pretty small rotary compared to the size of the town. Another difference is that the meetings are a lot shorter and you only have some snacks instead of a big meal  (which were très bon by the way) because the meeting is at about 8 at night. I start school on monday, and I am a little nervous because it is HUGE, but I do have a meeting with the headmaster tomorrow so I feel like that will help ease the nerves a bit. Today, we went to the coast and I could see England! It was exactly what you would picture France to look like. After we went and saw the England-France ferries in the town of Calais. Calais is really cool because it is an old coast city with tons of beautiful old buildings and restaurants. My french is coming along ok. Today was the day I felt the most comfortable, probably because I am not as tired, but I am improving quicker than I thought I would, especially with the patience and help of my host family. I will keep you all updated...have a good weekend:)
a bientôt

Mallory

No comments:

Post a Comment