Thursday, February 28, 2013

Mallory Richey - ¿Habla español? SPAIN

Buen día para todos,
   Why am I speaking Spanish in France...well I just got back from a week in SPAIN! Barcelona, and the south of France...and with some help from some exchange students from Argentina, Mexico, and Venezuela...I can now speak a bit of Spanish (it also helps that it is similar to French and I have been taking Spanish class here in France). I LOVED IT...it was a bus trip so there was a ton of other exchange students and we all got along really well. We started off with two days in Paris, climbed the Eiffel Tower, went to Versaille (third time for me) and then my first time to the Louvre where I saw the Mona Lisa. It was insane. Then we headed to the South of France for a day in Carcassonne which is a huge old fortress castle that is a cute little village now. In Barcelona we checked out some architecture from Gaudi (obviously we were in Barcelona and had to check that out) which included his garden and cathedral. We also had a delicious lunch on the coast which was probably the best lunch I have had on this exchange thanks to the company and the quality of the food for the price. We had calamari, mussels, fried anchovies (these were actually pretty good), potato cakes in a cream sauce, and shrimp, followed by a mean plate of Paella (SOOOOO GOOD), and a spanish creme dessert that is a bit like creme brûlée and lemon cake....IT WAS AMAZING. All with some great people that I met. Later we hit up the Pablo Picasso museum which was my favorite of the trip. We also had some free time in Barcelona and I may have done some shopping ;) We finished the trip off with a tour in Girona...which was a beautiful little old village in the north of Spain. Overall an amazing trip and only a month until my big european trip..three weeks till I see Hope Nelson...and a month and a half till my family! Things are going well. Some days I am ready to go home, but some days are some of the best of my life. Things are defiantly speeding up as I hit the six month mark today...four left. I hope all the Rotarians out there got to meet my host sister Faustine! She spend a week with my family and she is loving the US.
Bisous
 BEST LUNCH EVER...Fried anchovies with my friend from Mexico
 Gaudi's Garden
 After we put a lock on the bridge in Paris ( for friendship and happiness...your supposed to throw the  key in the Seine but we kept them)
Barcelona

Mallory

No comments:

Post a Comment