Sunday, January 25, 2015

My first white Christmas 🎄🎅

December started really good! I had a conference in Cheyenne with all the exchange students, I missed the so much and I had a lot of fun with them, they are the ones who you really can tal about your exchange, because we have the same situations and the same way to think, I just love all of them. The day I was coming back, Sunday, my ride to steamboat from Laramie was the owner of the ski area so he took me to ski for a couple hours before go back to steamboat, that was amazing!

I had my first white Christmas, an incredible experience spent with my host families, the Taulmans and the Schlichts. On Tuesday the 23th I celebrate Christmas with the Schlicht because I was leaving the other day with Taulmans. We had dinner out and then we went to a concert, really fun. The next morning we opened presents and they gave me a really nice jacket and an speaker, great presents!
The 24rd at noon I went to Grandparents' house, we were a large group of people with the Taulmans and Julie's brother and his family, The Neals. We opened presents during the afternoon, everyone was enjoying that and I also got more presents! I had an Adidas bag, a blanket, a book, and some gift cards!. After that we had dinner, meat fondue and some other delicious things, it was a nice dinner. On Christmas morning we started with the stockings, I had candy and a waterbotle, and also cards from Julie and in the cards there are bad words in 5 different languages! After we want snowmobiling. Had some snacks and play some games with the boys. At night we had turkey for dinner and salads, smash potato and other stuff, everything really good.
I continued enjoining the winter break with my second hot family and Shirley and Tasia, family members. We went to the real hot springs, ice skating, to the cinema and other fun stuff, was really nice.
Also some exchange students friends came to ski and we skied together, Irem from Turkey and Lena from Germany.
We spent New Year's Day at the neighbor's house with some of their family, was good and I had the same age as Mattew, the neighbor,s nephew, so we hanged out together.

After winter break Suzanne was gone for a week because       she had to work in Texas, so I spent a week with Lori Livingston and her family. They are amazing, they treated me so nice and we really had fun, al of the kids have my age so we did things together like snowshoeing, go the gim, etc. I already miss them and I hope I can go to their house again.
The next week Siri, an exchange student from Sweden came to ski in steamboat so we had a lot of fun skiing together, she is really good.

After a couple weeks the expected trip to Agua prieta, Mexico, came!!! I was really exited about this and was a really nice trip. I made new friends who I haven't met before, and we made a lot of staff to make people fell better over there. The smile of the little kids after we gave them a present was incredible. The trip was also really fun with the Rotarians from Mexico an their kids, who are our friends now. They were nice and they took us to really good places.

Just 2 days after coming from Mexico, I have the Ski trip!!!! (Which is not actually a trip for me because I live here hahah) it was the best in the world ski with my friends, and had s lot of fun during the weekend. Unfortunately when we where   skiing in a very hard run with some students, called "No Names", Clarisse, the exchange student from Belgium, she hurt her knee and he couldn't ski anymore or dance at the western bbq, she was really sad.

We where hosted on different houses, and I was with the Rotarian Scott Marr who hosted 6 students and he was really nice with us, making our breakfast and taking us out for dinner.

Over all this last two months have been amaizing and I can believe I already have 5 months in here, time is going really fast and it has to slow down!

(My apologies for mistakes and errors, I'm working on it 😊)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment