Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Kestral Johnston - Centro do São Paulo

Here in Brasil, things are busy as usual. Since I haven't had time to update very much, I'm going to try to split my past month into parts. I have been on so many adventures here so far and have seen so many different things. We, as exchange students, are lucky to be able to live in another country for a year and be able to do so many things that not even the locals have done yet. So here it goes:

O Centro do São Paulo

The first time I went to São Paulo to actually see the city, I went with the other exchange students for a Rotex event. Rotex is a group here based out of São Paulo that is comprised of past exchange students who still want to interact with exchange students. They coordinate different events for us, with one occurring about  each month. They took about 60 exchange students on this trip to explore the center of the fourth largest city in the world. We first went to a Praça da Sé and Catedral da Sé. It was beautiful inside!! From there, we went closer into the center and got to go on top of one of the buildings there. It was really neat to get a bird's eye view of one of the largest cities in the world. We then went to see the outside of the Teatro Municipal, and then to one of the first schools in Sao Paulo. It was a really tiring tourist-y day, especially with the weather being so hot (about 90F). Plus, time with the other exchange students is always fun.




All of the exchange students that went to Sao Paulo

Catedral da Se

How many stoplights does it take for all the exchange students to cross the road?

Everyone always assumes it...

FIFA World Cup 2014 mascot

Teatro Municipal

Part of my school

Train Station

One of the churches

Inside one of the churches

Fruits at Mercado Municipal

Banespa

Top of Banespa over Sao Paulo

Bovespa- Brazilian stock market

Cultural Center

Train Station, going home

So, I got to visit the center of Sao Paulo, not just once, but twice. This time, I went with my school, and we went to different cultural sites. I went across the street 25 de Marco (one of the busiest streets with many fake things), the Cultural Center, Mercado Municipal (full of fresh fruits, fish, and other food), Banespa (Altino Arantes Building, 32 floors and 2 flights of stairs, one of the tallest buildings in Sao Paulo) , Bovespa (the Brazilian stock market), inside the actual Teatro Municipal, and many smaller churches. Although my time in the big city of Sao Paulo has been fun, I think I'd rather stick to smaller places. :)

Tchau, ate mais....beijos s2

1 comment:

  1. Good blog... keep-up the good work ...May I share an article on Tokyo Towers in https://stenote.blogspot.com/2018/03/tokyo-seen-from-tokyo-tower.html
    Watch also the video in youtube https://youtu.be/28hz6ndPV_g

    ReplyDelete