Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Sam D. - A couple months to go!

Only a couple month left in Steamboat. I am excited to go home to see my family and friends again, but in the same time, I also am sad that I have to leave Steamboat and its amazing people. I wish I could take Steamboat with me and put it right next to Belgium.

Since my last post, many things happened. I was part of the high school Musical that took place in february but I unfortunately don't have any picture.

I went on the Agua Prieta trip with the Interact Club. Even if didn't happen they way we expected it to, it was an amazing experience and a great time.


In March, the Rabesa took me on an amzing trip to Disneyworld, Orlando. I only have one thing to say about it: Amazing!!










For Spring Break, Ray "El Bandido"  Martinez took me with him and his daughter on a great road trip in Colorado.





We first stopped in Fruita for two nights. We did some great Mountain Biking and had a lot of fun with the kids.





We drove through Colorado National Monument, which was beautiful.

We spent a night at Mesa Verde and did the tour of it. We learned a lot.






Our next stop was Durango. I loved Durango! We took the train to Cascade Village. We also went to an Old Time Photos and have some good photos taken.




I am now living with my third and last host family, Tara and Ben Weaver. I am very happy with them, like I was with the Rabesa and the Mensing. We are having a lot of fun playing darts and ladder ball. Even if they think I win too often.


To conclude, I want to say that I'm still having a great time here and I won't ever forget this amazing year I had the chance to spend among great people.

No comments:

Post a Comment