Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Kestral Johnston - São Thomé das Letras

São Thomé das Letras is a city in the neighboring state of Minas Gerais with the main export being rock. This rock is used for pools in all of Brasil because it doesn't get hot even with all of the sunlight. This town lies along the Estrada Real. The Estrada Real refers to the roads which were used during colonial time Brasil to move goods/people from the interior to other parts of Brasil. São Thomé is very touristy because it is in an area surrounded by waterfalls (cachoeiras). For a weekend in October, I got to visit them with my host mom and godmother....
Map of the Estrada Real
Welcome to Sao Thome!

The view over the town


Cachoeira Veu de Noiva - My host mom and I

Cachoeira Antares - My favorite

Tourist keepsakes made from the rock in Sao Thome

Minas Gerais countryside

The closest I'll be getting to snow this year....This is a cloud over one of the mountains

Sorry for all the pictures, and if my English seems off, it probably is....Tchau, beijos s2

No comments:

Post a Comment