Sunday, December 9, 2012

Mallory Richey - CENTIEME!!!!!

I have passed the one hundredth day in France! Time is flying somedays...it is insane. The Christmas season has defiantly begun...and I don't have many pictures because I have been so busy ( and maybe forgot my camera at home for the Rotary weekend)! The Holiday's started out with a bang. My host family threw me a surprise Thanksgiving with all of my new french friends. It was defiantly a Thanksgiving to remember. Then, I made some Gumbo for a rotary outing where we had to make food from our country for the Rotarians and host families of our district. It turned out great despite my cooking skills (my host mom helping me was probably the reason I didn' burn the house down) but a little to spicy for some of the French:) I also went to Vimy, a Canadian memorial for the first world war. There is still indentations in the earth from the artillery and we got to walk around in old trenches and even the underground caves a bit.  have finally found my comfort zone with the language and school and friends and life is feeling pretty normal.  All the exchange students are headed to Paris next weekend for some Christmas wonderment, and I am going down a day early with my friend from South Africa to meet the South African ambassador, so I am becoming more wordily not just in the French Culture but others as well! I change host families the 2nd of January, which is exciting and sad at the same time, so that will mix things up a bit, I am going to miss this host family but the next one is superb as well. This afternoon, I am braving the kitchen again and making muffins! I have been getting into the Christmas Spirit by writing cards, decorating the tree with my host sister, and eating plenty of French yummies and spent some time selling Christmas stuff for Polio with Rotary, so things are good on this side of the pond as always. I will keep you guys updated! Bisous et bon fête!
Mallory

No comments:

Post a Comment