Sunday, August 8, 2010

Aline da Rocha Soares (2008-2009) - I'm thankful for my year!

Dear rotarians, how are you?
I hope everything is good, especially with Carlo and the upcoming exchange students.
Just now, about a year I came back from Steamboat Springs to my hometown Limeira, São Paulo, Brazil; I got the chance to represent America on the annual "nations fair". A big event that has outbounds, inbouds and rebounds. It's very fun, and it's quite a responsability to be a rebound, because it turns out that is our job to convince the outbounds to choose the country we chose.

I was looking all the souveniers I brought from America, especially from Steamboat, to bring to the fair, when I found the amazing "Season of Light" book, with all the notes you guys left. It made me miss you and Steamboat so much!! It reminds me how lucky I was for having such a unique experience, in a unique town, with a unique rotary club. You guys are the best!!!

By the way, my brother Lucas, 16, is applying for a exchange program, and I already made his mind. America is his first choice! I hope he gets as lucky as I did, maybe he can stay in Steamboat, who knows. Anyways, I just wanna let you know that I represented America very proudly and I felt even more honored to represent Steamboat Springs, a nothing but an amazing town in Colorado.

I would like to thank you once more for the best year of my life, full of joy and new experiences. I can assure you that I enjoyed the most of it, and I still pray to God, to keep blessing America, as we used to sing every Tuesday afternoon.

With lots of love,
Aline Soares (2008-2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment