Sunday, August 8, 2010

Kelly Ernst - All Is Well

Hello! I am writing from Fribourg Switzerland and all is well!

I arrived yesterday morning at 8:15 but it was really 1 pm for the united states. I was very tired but it was all so new and exciting it was good.

My flight went by super well. From DIA to Dulles I met a girl from evergreen and we flew to DULLES together. It was fun because we could talk about tall trees and skiing and understand each other perfectly. We spoke the same language. When we got to Dulles we met up with a girl and a boy who were going to Switzerland. It even turns out that the boy, Andrew is the other exchange student who will be living in fribourg and attending the same school. He is very nice. We had a few hours to kill in the airport and so we went to a small resturant and talked and it was a very good time!

The flight went well and it was nice because there were about 10 or 12 other exchange students on it as well! I sat in the very very back of the plane in the middle. but it was nice because I had the whole entire row to myself on an otherwise full flight. Later in the evening, I started talking to the flight attendent and we got to know each other and it was very fun. She even let me sit in the flight attendents seat for the landing so that I could see the Swiss Alps when we fly into Zurich for our landing.

My host father picked me up from the airport and we drove back to Fribourg. That day, we went to the familys vacation house in Gruyere (a canton ((Like a state)) neighboring Fribourg) it was a ten minute drive and a very very cool place! I got to meet all of cedric and ines ( my host brother and sister's) friends. It was a little bit hard because my french is not quite sufficient enough to keep up with the young peoples conversation, and when ever I was asked a question it would take a long embarrassing time to answer it correctly. (For example they asked me when I was born, and I said "I don't know" several times… :/) But that is okay because I am understanding more and more.

Today, The exchange students of fribourg ( Andrew, a girl named shelby and moi) and the outbound students all went downtown fribourg and did a little walk of the town. It was very pretty and and medevaial. I saw my school which was very modern but it looked very nice. It felt like we were in a jungle!

All is going well here, and I am getting settle!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment