Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Alli Major - 6 months down,,, six to go!

G'day Readers!


coooooo-eeeeee! 6 months in Australia! It is sooo great! i really couldn't ask for a better exchange! I have been up to a lot since my last blog! and lemme tell ya i have loved every millisecond!

Christmas was absolutely amazing and about 90 degrees! a bit different from a white Christmas. My family and i made sushi for Christmas lunch then an amazing roast Christmas dinner! my mum here is a very very very good cook.


Boxing day (December 26th) my family went to Beachport, South Australia.

Now i have lived my whole life thinking that i was a snow kinda girl. But i reckon that week at the beach changed me. I absolutely fell in love with Beachport. It is a gorgeous little town, the population is only 400. We got to ride the horses along the beach and it was SOOOO FUNNN!!!!




The Rotarians here are excellent. A Rotarian couple took one of me mates and I to Canberra, Australia's very own capital and it was grand! we were able to do all the touristy things like looking at the Parliament buildings and different museums and the embassies! (: and we got a day of shopping and that was especially good ;)




Well if yous have all been keeping up with world news, I'm sure you would of heard of the Queensland floods. :O they were so destructive! Many dead and many missing :( Thankfully i am in Victoria and not Queensland but my heart goes out to all them there.

Not nearly as bad as Queensland floods, Victoria has been affected by floods and my town was hit the worst i reckon. :( Now we got flooded back in September but the 2011 floods were WAYYYY worse. And with such a small community, i know so many people that lost so much, whether it be animals or things when the floods went straight through houses. Part of Charlton was safe, the part where i live because it's on a hill so I'm grateful for my move. My first host family got hit pretty bad :( Power was out anywhere from a bit less than 24 to about 48 hours depending on where ya lived. The river went straight through the main street and a few businesses had their windows caved in. Blessedly, no lives were lost and no one is missing in Charlton. Everyone is safe. :) The flood waters have receded and now it's clean up time!!! :)



it was definitely a good year to come to Australia, I've got to witness all these once in a lifetime happenings! and i have fallen in love with Australia. I really like being here.

Catch Ya Later Mate! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alli,

    Thanks for posting! The photos of the flood are amazing - how devastating for the community. Are the photos of your town, or from another part of Australia?

    Winnie

    ReplyDelete