Thursday, October 14, 2010

Bérénice Rioux - Almost two months.

The only thing to say is: the time goes by too fast.

I have been here for two months so far and I don't want to leave this town.
I have been to Lake Powell, Boulder, Denver, etc..
I have made so many friends, and have discovered so many wonderful things. Some people think I'm becoming a real American girl. But I'm loving it. This is probably the only opportunity i will have in my life to do that. So, yes I am a cheerleader, my date for homecoming was a football player, i went on a cattle drive and i am eating all the time. But I am really living in a dream.

But I haven't only made friends in Steamboat.
After the students week end in Wyoming, I think I have friends all over the district. I'm not gonna lie, this week end was perfect. Those two days spent all together created real friendships. Rope course, hiking and different games permitted us to know each other well. And now, we can't wait to meet up again!


And then, the homecoming week end! For some kids, it was just another homecoming. For me, it was the first one and the last one. This week end was awesome. Parade, football game, dance, etc.. Everything was perfect. And I'm sure I will remember this for a while !
Cornelia, me and Claire Parsons for the homecoming.


Life in Steamboat is filled with certain unforgettable events. The beginning of october was Homecoming. Now, everybody is looking for his or her Halloween costume ! It's really exciting, and never boring! I'm not really sure yet of what I want to be for Halloween, but I will figure out, and will surely tell you everything in my next post!

Anything to add? Yes.
Thank you.
Thank you to the Rotary Club of Steamboat, thank you to Deb, John and Coleman Holloway, thank you to all the Rotarians who give me opportunities to discover wonderful new things, and thank you to everybody I have met, and I will meet and who contribute to the success of my exchange!

Bérénice.

1 comment: