Friday, March 25, 2011

Hello Again! (Zane Elston)

Hello Again!

The past month has been absolutely wonderful. I was able to spend three weeks in Bangkok with my host family, and had a great time. We spent time visiting the Wat Pho and Wat Arun temples, and they were simply gorgeous. My family took me on a luxurious dinner cruise on Chao Phraya River. We did a tour of the Vimanmek Mansion that was built for King Rama V in 1868. It is The largest building in the world made of Gold Teak. We also visited the Jim Thompson house; Jim Thompson was an ex-CIA spy who popularized Thai Silk. Bangkok is an amazing city soaked in rich culture and history.

Throughout my time in Thailand, i have learned a great deal about myself, and my perspective on just about everything has changed. It has broadened my views on everything from spicy food to world politics. It has been a humbling experience that has made me open myself up to other ways of life and I am extremely grateful to the Steamboat Springs Rotary Clubs, Cowboy Country Rotary District, and Rotary International.

Zane Elston

No comments:

Post a Comment