Friday, March 11, 2011

Kelly Ernst - 6 Months down and… whoaoooaaa

Whoaooooooaaaaa. Is the only word I can POSSIBLY think of at this moment. Trying to decided what to write about for this blog, I have to look back at this whole year and pick something cool to write about, and there are just so many wonderful thoughts and experiences and good memories, the only thing I can extract from the chaos inside my head is Whoaow.

I guess I'll tell you about our Rotary weekend. This last weekend was the official Rotex Winter Weekend. It was located in Enlgeberg Switzerland and was putting on by the Rotex, which is not Rotary directly, but a group of students who have done a year of exchange in the past, and now plan fun events for us.

So, about ten of the exchange students in my area met up where we took the train to the base of the alps and were joined by 70 exchangies! There we PILED (literally) into a train and headed off to our own private chalet where we ice skated and just chilled the whole night. In the morning, it was a 7:30 wake up, and of to the ski slopes at 9. But wait. Theres a catch. On the ski slopes, we never actually used any skis. Pourquoi you ask? (pourquoi is why in french) Because we took the days to go Bob sledding!!!

We had this tiny sleighs and we would take the gondola up, a ride that took approximatly 8 minutes, then slide down a run the resembled Why-Not (The green run that you face right after you get off the gondola that crosses paths with Vagabond somtimes) and it took us 30-40 minutes to get down! The run went on forever and ever and ever! We even got competitve and started having these giant races, which… unfortunately to say, I lost…. every single one. Though it was becuase my Swedish partner Bjorn has a philosphy, that goes something like "Slow and steady wins the race"  but in reality, is should be like "Slow and steady makes you fall down often, and lose."

But I didn't complain :D

It was a great weekend!

But now its back to Fribourg (the city where I live) and seriouse life of school and vacation planning continues. Right now, I am working on finalizing the details for a trip to Hungry to visit a friend over the  Easter break, and then perhaps a quick trip to France for the blues break!

But I must get back to my history of Switzerland homework,

So,

Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment