Friday, March 18, 2011

Anna Poirot - Preparations...

So, although I am not yet on exchange, I am beginning my postings early, by telling you all my preparations. In case you didn't read my last blog, my name is Anna Poirot, I am currently 17 and go to Steamboat Springs High School. I will be spending my next year in Norway, although I don't know which part of the country yet. So far, my preparations include many books on the history of Norway, a current issues class at the high school in which I'm hoping to study Norwegian and United States history and relations together, and a million different "learn Norwegian" audio tapes that I've downloaded on my ipod and listen to daily. Unfortunately, I've only learned how to ask for a cup of coffee, so I guess that's all I'll be able to drink in Norway...just kidding. Anyway, I get more and more excited about my exchange every day, and it's always in my thoughts when I go to work to earn money (mainly saved for the exchange), and when everyone is asked about which college they are going to next year, I get to reply,
"Well actually, I'm going to be in Norway all of next year." It's awesome and I cannot wait for my exchange. In reading everyone's blog, I've really gotten excited about how my exchange will be. Before I even leave I definitely want to thank all of you Rotarians, if it weren't for you, my next year would be completely different, and I am so PSYCHED!!!!!

Thanks guys!

Anna Poirot

1 comment:

  1. Hehe you're in Norway! Ps I love you have fun

    ReplyDelete